The task involved to convert their existing site from PyroCMS to WordPress CMS. Rebuild the current PyroCMS WordPress site exactly like it was with all functionalities and layouts. – “Design — At this time the client is not looking for a new site design. If possible they would like to maintain the current look and feel, layout, content, and navigation structure of their current website.”
Project Period: 03/2016 – 05/2016
Work performed for this task.:
- Continued Consultation, to discuss the work.
- Planning Process.
- Setup a staging server to perform the development of the new WordPress site.
- Export all data from PyroCMS and import it back into the new WordPress database as post types.
- Recreate all page layouts on newly coded templates using the Genesis Theme Framework. A child theme was created for this.
- Responsive Styling Development for mobile. Added upgrade. The previous PyroCMS site was not developed for mobile.
- Quality and Assurance Testing.
With the use of the Genesis theme framework, the new copy would run on a more stable platform that is well supported, more stable, secured, faster and comes with build in SEO benefits.
Richard has reviewed you with 5 out of 5 stars for your work on the task Email Extract.: "Good news. Reed (our local WP consultant) was able to get the menus working. He also remarked on how "slick" your programming is. Said you did a really nice job. Thank you!"Review Proof