Cope linder Architects_
Rebuild of website on WordPress
The task involved to convert their existing site from PyroCMS to WordPress CMS. Rebuild the current PyroCMS WordPress site exactly like it was with all functionalities and layouts. - "Design — At this time the client is not looking for a new site design. If possible they would like to maintain the current look and feel, layout, content, and navigation structure of their current website."
Work performed for this task.:
- Continued Consultation, to discuss the work.
- Planning Process.
- Setup a staging server to perform the development of the new WordPress site.
- Export all data from PyroCMS and import it back into the new WordPress database as post types.
- Recreate all page layouts on newly coded templates using the Genesis Theme Framework. A child theme was created for this.
- Responsive Styling Development for mobile. Added upgrade. The previous PyroCMS site was not developed for mobile.
- Quality and Assurance Testing.
With the use of the Genesis theme framework, the new copy would run on a more stable platform that is well supported, more stable, secured, faster and comes with build in SEO benefits.