I was task to implemented a quotation solution(SureHits) for Insuravita.com. After a form is completed it will connect with the SureHits API and collect a list of quotation available for the visitor's area(based on zip code) and then display returned quotation options, from various insurance companies, on a page.
More of my WordPress expertise was requested after the initial request.
Additional work completed for the client.
- Redesigned their current site to look more professional.
- Implemented a new faster, more secure and SEO friendly theme framework.
- Migrated their current website from their current host(shared hosting) to...
- ... a faster VPS cloud-based server.
- Site Maintenance.
- Removal of unnecessary plugins & update the current plugins.
- Security Checkup and add a firewall to WordPress.
- Speed Optimisation.
Their previous version of the site took at least 19 seconds to load. After completing my work on the site not only did it scored 93% on Pingdom, but it only took under 2 seconds to load a page! Since I am about 10000 miles away from the hosted server I expect some lag on my side, but testing closer to home resulted in under a second load time. In the end, that means the site is about 19 times faster than it previously was. Just shows you when you replace your site's current tools with the correct tools and matching it with the correct server hardware you can breath new life into a website.
Ovascience & Augment Treatment
I was tasked to port both websites ovascience.com & augmenttreatment.com, build using ExpressionEngine(expressionengine.com) to the WordPress platform.
- Migrate all data and functionality.
- Maintain the current look.
- Easy to maintain and adjust content.
I decided that the Genesis framework from StudioPress will be a good old faithful for this project. Not only is it a solid framework, but its well coded with good security, SEO optimize (that is already built in), but have good developer documentation available for customizations.
Tasks for this project.
- Export all the data to CSV.
- Modify and Import all the data back into WordPress following the WordPress database schema.
- Custom build reusable templates.
- Custom Fields.
- Custom developed functionality to maintain the features from ExpressionEngine.
- Responsive Styling Adjustments to both sites. - Required matching each design to pixel perfection.
In the end two sites were delivered with the exact same functionality, with the same look and feel as the previous build sites.
Additional Work. Some more features were after this project.
- To pull in news from an external site via an RSS feed.
- New layouts changes to current posts.
I was tasked to implement Bazaarvoice rating sytem for Zinus.com. Zinus.com at the time was running on a WordPress site with WooCommerce as the shopping platform. Zinus specialise on shipping mattresses in a box in the United States of America.
Please Note: This project was completed in 2016. CurrentlyZinus.com has changed over to Shopify.
- Bazaar Voice Conversations into our existing WP Woo site.
- This includes:
- Product Feed,
- Container Page Creation,
- ROI Beacon,
- SEO Integration,
- adding Schema.org, and server side implementation.
As with all my Bazaarvoice integrations I implement my code via 3rd party plugin. It is just easier to manage and maintain. Bazaarvoice is a tricky little devil as your output code needs to follow Bazaarvoice standards else it will not work. So it requires allot of testing and adjustment to get it perfect and it needs to be perfect else they or their server(very finicky on how it receives data) will not approve the implementation.
About the tasks for this project.
- I also created a XML export feature for the client to export all products to a XML file so that these products can be imported into the Bazaarvoice system. Each time you add new products you need to let the Bazaarvoice system know about this and that is why it requires a new import if new products is added.
- Customisation of WooCommerce templates.: Single Product Page & Category Pages.
- Bazaarvoice has two systems. One is a Sandbox where you develop the integration and once all is good the whole integration needs to be switch over and adjusted for the live version.